Nurse Residency Program
Our Nurse Residency Program provides a structured orientation experience that allows newly graduated RNs - and nurses with less than one year of clinical experience - to begin their nursing career with confidence.
During their first few months of employment, Nurse Residents participate in a variety of sessions designed to strengthen their assessment, critical thinking, communication, teamwork, and technical skills in a safe learning environment. Our program incorporates several methods of adult learning and emphasizes the development of clinical and leadership skills during the transition from nursing student to acute care professional nurse. These include:
- Clinical experiences with a preceptor.
- Simulation in our Patient Safety Training Center.
- Orientation to the electronic health record, eD-H.
- Patient care skills labs that provide hands-on experience with equipment.
- eLearning modules.
- Lively discussions on clinical topics and situations.
- Exposure to the many opportunities available to Dartmouth-Hitchcock nurses.
- Information about the community Dartmouth-Hitchcock serves, and the advantages of living and working in our community.
- Details on available professional and personal development resources.
For more information:
- Search Dartmouth-Hitchcock Careers for current employment opportunities
- Contact a Nurse Recruiter for information about your application.
- Email us at NurseJobs@hitchcock.org.
- Nursing Orientation
- Student Nurse Programs
- The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
- Professional Practice Model
- Education & Professional Development
- Evidence-Based Practice & Research
- Nursing Year in Review
- Contact Us