Nurse Residency Program
During their first few months of employment, Nurse Residents participate in a variety of sessions designed to strengthen their assessment, critical thinking, communication, teamwork, and technical skills in a safe learning environment. Our program incorporates several methods of adult learning and emphasizes the development of clinical and leadership skills during the transition from nursing student to acute care professional nurse. These include:
- Clinical experiences with a preceptor.
- Simulation in our Patient Safety Training Center.
- Orientation to the electronic health record, eD-H.
- Patient care skills labs that provide hands-on experience with equipment.
- eLearning modules.
- Lively discussions on clinical topics and situations.
- Exposure to the many opportunities available to Dartmouth-Hitchcock nurses.
- Information about the community Dartmouth-Hitchcock serves, and the advantages of living and working in our community.
- Details on available professional and personal development resources.
For more information: