The Sleep Disorders Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon is an accredited program of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. The program emphasizes a multidisciplinary approach to evaluation and treatment, and works closely with other DHMC specialists (including Pulmonary Medicine, Otolaryngology, Neurology, Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine) and primary care physicians.
- Comprehensive adult and pediatric outpatient consultation for all varieties of sleep disorders
- Full range of laboratory-based diagnostic capability
- Inpatient consultation services
- Treatment initiation for adults and children with sleep-related disorders
- Follow-up care
- Overnight Evaluation
Polysomnographic studies which include multiple EEG recordings, EOGs, submental EMG, EKG, air flow, respiratory effort (intercostal EMG/thoracic and abdominal excursion), nasal pressure recording, oxygen saturation, tibialis activity and continuous video monitoring. These studies are usually conducted as outpatient procedures in the sleep laboratory but can also be performed on an inpatient basis when necessary.
- Nasal continuous positive airway pressure trials for treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
- Bilevel positive airway trials for treatment of sleep apnea and hypoventilation and adaptive servo-ventilation for complex sleep apnea
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Tests for assessment of alertness
- Multiple sleep latency testing (MSLT) for assessment of excessive daytime sleepiness