Substance Use and Mental Health Initiative (SUMHI)
Dartmouth Hitchcock (D-H) is dedicated to optimizing all care related to substance use and mental health throughout its health care system by continuously improving clinical practice, education, research and targeted community partnerships.
This website is intended to bring together resources to better address substance use and mental health issues, to share information on care improvement projects, and to invite engagement of others in the work of improving care of persons with behavioral health challenges.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Substance Use and Mental Health Initiative (SUMHI) is a multidisciplinary collaboration that engages a number of departments and projects both within the Dartmouth-Hitchcock system and the greater community. SUMHI is funded through the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Population Health Management Council, with leadership from the D-H Department of Psychiatry.
- News & Events
- About SUMHI
- SUMHI Projects
- Treatment and Recovery Services
- Patient Education and Support
- Clinical Practice Guidance and Tools
- Professional Development and Education
- Advocacy and Policy Change
- Contact Us
- Substance related crises: 1-844-711-4357 (HELP)
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Crisis and Consultation Services: 1-800-556-6249
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Teen crisis intervention: 1-800-639-6095
- 2-1-1 New Hampshire
Listing of hotlines and other resources multiple topics