Surgical Technology Program Costs
Tuition for the 11-month Surgical Technology Program is $8,000.00. Please see the withdrawal and refund policies for additional information about eligible tuition refunds and applicable fees.
The estimated cost of purchasing books is $1,205.00. Students may also choose to purchase additional learning materials during the program to supplement textbooks and any course material.
The textbooks listed below will need to be purchased directly from Cengage to ensure you receive the bundle price and online access.
|Mintap with 5th Edition Surgical Technology for the Surgical Technologist||$250.00|
|Fundamentals of A&P 4th Edition by Donald C. Rizzo||$127.00|
|Learning Lab for A&P||$98.00|
|Medical Terminology for Health Professionals 8th Edition||$140.00|
|Microbiology for the Surgical Technologists by Rodriquez **||$175.00|
|Pharmacology for Surgical Technologist 3rd Edition can be bought used ISBN 978-1-4377-1002-1 **||$70.00|
|Other: (Note: many of the books below can purchased used on Amazon)|
|Tabors Medical Dictionary||$25.00|
|Pocket Guide to the Operating Room ISBN 978-0-8036-1226-6 **||$45.00|
|Pearson's Surgical Technology Exam Review ISBN 978-0-13-500048-9||$90.00|
|Surgical Mayo Setups ISBN 978-1-111-13818-9||$113.00|
|Surgical Instrumentation an Interactive Approach by Renee Nemitz ISBN 9781-4557-0719||$72.00|
|Total Book Costs||$1,205.00|
** Pocket Guide to the Operating Room, Microbiology for the Surgical Tech, and Pharmacology for the Surgical Technologist 3rd Ed (or 4th available) will not be required text until 2nd quarter, January 2019.
Trainees are responsible for purchasing any personal supplies needed for the program, including but not limited to:
- Footwear: only plain closed toe and heel shoes (shoes cannot have multiple colors and large insignias), and socks or hose are permitted. The cost can vary per personal preference, with an estimated range of $25-$100
- Two program polo shirts: ordered through the Program Director with an estimated cost of $30.
- Black scrub pants: estimated cost of $20.
- Classroom supplies: including items such as notebooks, pens/highlighters/markers, note/flash cards, etc. These costs vary per personal preference, with an estimated range of $25-$100.
- Laptop computer: cost varies per personal preference, with an estimated range of $200-$1500.
You may cancel your enrollment agreement any time prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of signing it.
If you express a desire to withdraw from the program after this time, you should discuss the situation with the director of the program in which you are enrolled, prior to resigning or withdrawing. If, after this consultation, you determine that you are going to withdraw, you must complete, sign, and submit the Dartmouth-Hitchcock WRI (Workforce Readiness Institute) withdrawal form to the program director.
Any student who does not attend class or clinical for three consecutive days without contacting the instructor or program director will be considered withdrawn on the last day attended.
If you withdraw due to circumstances of extreme hardship and you wish to reapply at a later date for completion, it will be considered.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock WRI (Workforce Readiness Institute) follows the New Hampshire Department of Education refund policy below, as cited online, here.
Hedc 307.01 Federal Program Refund. The refund policy for students receiving benefits from federal programs shall be in accordance with federal policy, rules and regulations.
Hedc 307.02 Full Refund. A school shall provide a student with a full refund, of all monies paid within 30 days if:
- The school procured the student's enrollment as the result of any false representations in the written materials used by the school or in oral representations made by or on behalf of the school; or
- The student withdraws from the program or course on or before the first day of instruction, a full refund, less an administrative fee, not to exceed $150.
Hedc 307.03 Other Refunds.
- A school shall provide a student with a partial refund of monies paid within 30 days if:
- A student who withdraws or is dismissed before 50% of the instruction period shall receive a pro-rata refund, less an administrative fee, not to exceed $350;
- A student who withdraws or is dismissed after more than 50% of the instruction period shall receive no refund.
- All efforts shall be made to refund prepaid amounts for books, supplies and other charges unless the student has consumed or used those items and they can no longer be used or sold to new students, or returned by the school to the supplier.
Hedc 307.04 Notice of Withdrawal. A school shall require that notice of withdrawal be in writing, but shall not require a specific manner of delivery.