Resources and Links
- Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing: Provides multiple resources for nurses and valuable links to other organizations.
- Iowa Geriatric Education Center: Provides multiple resources including online education series.
- AGS (The American Geriatrics Society): A not-for-profit organization of over 6,000 health professionals devoted to improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people. The Society provides leadership to health care professionals, policy makers and the public by implementing and advocating for programs in patient care, research, professional and public education, and public policy.
- Alzheimer's Association: The Alzheimer's Association works on a global, national, and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer's and related dementias. Excellent tools for caregivers of Dementia, both professional and family.
- Gerontological Nursing Certification Review Course: Online review course for geriatric nursing certification
- Northern New England Geriatric Education Center: The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Northern New England Geriatric Education Center (NNEGEC) helps to improve the health and quality of life for older adults in New Hampshire and Vermont by expanding the capacity of the healthcare workforce to provide high-quality, safe, and interdisciplinary care to older adults, with a specific emphasis on rural and underserved areas of New Hampshire and Vermont.
2013 Caregiver Bootcamp Powerpoint Presentations
- Confusion, Dementia and Depression (PDF)
- Managof Disruptive Behaviors in Dementia & Delirium (PDF)
- What Did You Say? Dealing with Communication challenges (PDF)