Important: Please contact the CME office (Terri.N.Farnham@hitchcock.org) for more information regarding the expedited process for accrediting activities related to COVID.
The Center for Learning and Professional Development's CME office designates educational activities for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Dartmouth-Hitchcock CME credit signifies academic excellence in medical education.
In order to align the quality of Dartmouth-Hitchcock education with the goal of promoting that education, it is strongly recommended that the application for CME credit is submitted 9 to 12 months before the date of the activity, and no later than 3 months before the date of the activity. The approval process will not start until the CME Office receives a complete application (with all documentation enclosed).
Please Note: If you would like to offer Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) contact hours, a NCEC Nurse Planner must be actively involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the continuing education activity. The NCEC Nurse Planner is knowledgeable of the CNE process and is responsible for adherence to the ANCC criteria. See NCEC Members and Contact Information.
The Application Process for Approval of Dartmouth-Hitchcock CME Credit
- Complete the Intent to Accredit Form (View Instructions)
- Review the CME Activity Physician Director/Activity Coordinator/CME Office Responsibilities
- If you are planning an Enduring Material, please review the accreditation requirements.
- Complete the Accreditation Form, and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Return completed Conflict of Interest (COI) Forms with disclosures of COI resolved (if appropriate), for the Activity Director(s) and all planners.
- Submit proposed budget for activity including details for estimated income and expenses.
- If there will be commercial money (grants or exhibitors) associated with this learning activity, please email Terri Farnham at outset of planning process.
Net balances for CME and CNE activities after July 1, 2012 (positive and negative) will roll into the D-H General Ledger. Activity shortfalls will be covered by the D-H General Ledger during the fiscal year as long as the Activity Final Accounting indicates no extravagant or inappropriate expenses (e.g. unapproved resort locations, unplanned faculty dinners, etc.).
The CME/CNE office offers several marketing services to aid in promoting accredited activities. To learn more about these services, click here.
If you are producing your own marketing materials and you want to announce the offering of Dartmouth CME credits in your advertising, you must submit any promotional items at least one month prior to when you wish to distribute your advertising, along with the CME Application.
Please note: do not send any advertising of your activity with a mention of Dartmouth CME credit before credit is approved, as this violates ACCME regulations and could lead to the denial of credit.
- Upcoming Events
- Grand Rounds
- Online Activities
- My Activities
- My Account
- Planning and Services
- Learning Design and Systems
- MOC Part IV
- About Us