We anticipate two adult openings and one pediatric opening for a two-year fellowship consistent with Houston Conference guidelines.
Education/training qualifications: Requirements include prior neuroscience courses, APA or CPA approved internship with a strong emphasis on neuropsychology, commitment to clinical research, and completion of doctoral requirements. Prior to appointment as a postdoctoral fellow, individuals must provide evidence of completion of all requirements for the doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university or professional school program, including completion of an APA- or CPA-accredited internship; official transcript, copy of diploma or official letter from the Department Chair or Graduate Advisor will be acceptable. Postdoctoral fellows are appointed to full-time positions for one year, renewable for an additional year. A total of 2000 hours of training are provided in each year, exceeding the postgraduate hours required for licensure in New Hampshire.
Qualified candidates should submit their application (adult or pediatric fellowships) by December 21, 2018.
Application must include:
The following information should be emailed to Maureen M. Ostertag, Clinical Secretary, Department of Psychiatry, DHMC:
- Completed application cover page (PDF)
- Personal Statement of experience, goals, and interests: Provide a 1-2 page maximum typewritten letter describing your clinical and research experiences and interests, fellowship objectives, and career goals.
- Current curriculum vitae listing your educational, clinical, and research experiences; a list of the neuropsychological and psychological (e.g., PAI, MMPI, CBCL) measures with which you have experience; and the names of 3 references with their affiliation and e-mail address.
- Three sample reports with identifying information eliminated, reflecting a breadth of clinical experience.
- Up to three recently published articles, abstracts, or preprints if available.
Letters of recommendation: Three letters of recommendation addressed to "Laura A. Flashman, Ph.D., ABPP-CN, Director, Neuropsychology Training Program at Dartmouth," at least one letter must be from your current supervisor/internship director, should be emailed directly by them to Maureen M. Ostertag.
Official graduate transcripts: Please have institutions mail or electronically send these directly to:
Maureen M. Ostertag
Department of Psychiatry (HB 7750)
Dartmouth-Hitichcock Medical Center
Lebanon, NH 03756-0001