Virtual Visit Helpful Hints
Below you will find instructions for downloading the telehealth software onto a device of your choice. Determine which device you’d like to use, and follow the instructions associated with that option.
- Your device must have a microphone, speaker, and camera
- You will also need access to a reliable internet source (best option) or a strong cellular connection (higher chance that call could drop/be choppy)
- On the day of your visit, 30 minutes before your appointment time,
- Log in to your myD-H portal
- Find the visit in your upcoming appointments list
- Click on "Details", and then click "Video Visit."
- You will be placed in the Virtual Waiting Room until the provider connects with you.
Helpful hints for a successful virtual visit:
- Position yourself so that you are directly facing the provider
- Speak clearly and naturally
- Due to a slight audio delay, pause between speaking and wait to hear responses from the provider. This can be awkward at first, but by the end of the appointment it will be completely natural to you.