Hitchcock Foundation Pilot Grants
The Hitchcock Foundation funds research grants to address any of the broad areas of biomedical research, including basic, translational, clinical, and/or population-based studies. Persons with a formal affiliation with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center or Dartmouth College are eligible. Residents, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth students and Dartmouth College graduate students are invited to apply in conjunction with a faculty member.
In general, the Hitchcock Foundation will give preference to well-written and independently conceived proposals submitted by early career investigators, including junior faculty, fellows, and residents. Special consideration will be given to proposals from early career investigators that propose pilot studies and preliminary investigations aimed at testing methods or providing data that will support a subsequent application for an externally funded grant.
Applicants planning to submit new proposals must first submit a Letter of Intent (LOI).
The LOI must be submitted using the attached form and received as a single PDF by Karen.E.Jones@hitchcock.org and Jennifer.K.Reining@hitchcock.org no later than 12:00 noon on the due date.
Following review, a subset LOIs will be invited to submit a full Pilot proposal.
If you were invited to resubmit your application, you are not required to submit an LOI. Resubmitted applications must include a new signed and dated cover sheet as well as a cover letter (immediately after the cover sheet) indicating how reviewers' questions have been addressed. In addition, revisions to the body of the proposal must be indicated in bold face or underlined.
- LOIs must be received by Thursday, January 31, 2019, no later than 12:00 noon.
- Invited new proposals and resubmissions must be received Thursday, March 14, 2019, no later than 12:00 noon.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Hitchcock Foundation Activity
- Research Compliance
- Research Grants and Deadlines
- Residents' Revolving Loan Fund
- Hitchcock Foundation Scholar’s Program
- The Helmut Schumann Fellowship
- Student Research Award
- Advised Funds
- Sponsored Projects Funds
- Hitchcock Foundation Board of Trustees
- Outside Support
- Resources for Investigators
- Donate Now