Experienced Nurse Onboarding
Newly-hired experienced RNs and LPNs participate in Experienced Nurse Onboarding.
The goal of this program is to familiarize newly-hired nurses with nursing practice standards and policies at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Nurses are introduced to eD-H - Dartmouth-Hitchcock's electronic health record - and our competency-based orientation plan.
Experienced Nurse Onboarding provides a combination of classroom sessions, electronic resources and simulated lab experiences. The experienced nurse is introduced to commonly-used equipment, procedures and current quality initiatives in our Patient Safety Training Center.
Upon completion of Experienced Nurse Onboarding, the nurse will go on to a practice-area-specific orientation designed by a Clinical Nurse Educator. Newly-hired nurses work with a nurse preceptor who will support them in beginning their new position.
- Search Dartmouth-Hitchcock Careers for current employment opportunities
- Contact a Nurse Recruiter for information about your application
- Email us at NurseJobs@hitchcock.org
- Practice Governance
- Professional Practice Model
- Nursing Careers & Onboarding Programs
- Professional Pathways
- Shadow a Nurse
- Student Nurse Programs
- The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
- Research & Education
- In the News
- Nursing Leadership
- Contact Us