Nurse Residency Program
Dartmouth-Hitchcock's Nurse Residency Program provides a structured orientation experience that allows newly graduated RNs - and nurses with less than one year of clinical experience - to begin their nursing career with confidence.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nurse Residents participate in the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program developed by Vizient and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), which supports new graduate nurses as they successfully transition to competent professionals. Nurse Residents participate in a variety of sessions designed to strengthen their assessment, critical thinking, communication, teamwork, and technical skills in a safe learning environment.
Residency activities include:
- Clinical experiences with a preceptor.
- Simulation in our Patient Safety Training Center.
- Competency and skills assessment and verification.
- Orientation to the electronic health record, eD-H.
- Patient care skills labs that provide hands-on experience with equipment.
- eLearning modules.
- Lively discussions on clinical topics and situations.
- Exposure to the many opportunities available to Dartmouth-Hitchcock nurses.
- Information about the community Dartmouth-Hitchcock serves, and the advantages of living and working in our community.
- Details on available professional and personal development resources.
- Search Dartmouth-Hitchcock Careers for current employment opportunities
- Contact a Nurse Recruiter for information about your application
- Email us at NurseJobs@hitchcock.org