Nursing Student Projects
Dartmouth-Hitchcock supports the educational pursuits of all nurses and believes its locations offer the preferred regional setting for undergraduate and graduate nursing evidence-based practice projects and practicums.
A Nursing Student Project is a unique body of work as defined by a school of nursing (or other program) that needs to be completed as part of a capstone or practicum, whether or not the student is in a clinical placement experience.
Nursing Student Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Educational evaluation
- Evidence-based practice
- Quality improvement
- Patient safety
- Scholarly projects not listed above
The Center for Nursing Excellence is responsible for overseeing all nursing student projects. This includes:
- All nursing student projects conducted by Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees.
- All nursing student projects conducted by non-D-H employees at a D-H location.
- Both undergraduate and graduate student nurses must coordinate their project work through the Center for Nursing Excellence.
Download the RN to BSN and Graduate Nursing Student Projects Checklist to guide you through this process.
Step 1: Complete the Student Nurse Project Application Form
Step 2: Meet with the Director of Nursing Continuing Education
- Contact Deb Hastings at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 650-8088 to schedule a time to meet to discuss your project.
- Provide an electronic copy of your course syllabus and learning objectives to the Director of Nursing Continuing Education before or during your meeting.
- During the meeting, you will confirm that your school has an affiliation agreement with Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
- Our Nurses
- Say Thank You to Your Nurse!
- Nursing Careers & Onboarding Programs
- Student Nurse Programs
- Nursing Education
- Contact Nursing