Education & Training
Electronic fetal monitoring curriculum
Electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) is at the heart of nearly half of all obstetric malpractice cases in this country. The Obstetric Safety Initiative is making available a course specifically designed to improve care and reduce claims. Uniform, verifiable EFM education and training for all your obstetric staff is essential.
- Creating Safer Perinatal Departments in Hospitals (PDF)
- Advanced Fetal Assessment and Monitoring Course (PDF)
Drills and simulation curriculum
- Plans are underway for an organized program of drills, simulation and team training for obstetric nurses, midwives and doctors.
- Many in our region use the CHaD Resource Card. We are developing a similar "Obstetric Resource Card" for providers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions or requests for content.
- Recurrent Obstetric Management Mistakes Identified by Simulation (PDF)
The results of a training program at the Israeli Center for Medical Simulation
- Emergency Cesarean Section and Simulation
In 2003, the Northern New England Perinatal Quality Improvement Network developed an approach to improving emergency cesarean deliveries.
Regional obstetric RN orientation curriculum
We are looking for a few good nurses to lead this project. Contact us for more information.