The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
As one of 12 agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, AHRQ supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decision-making. Their mission, scope, and strategies are broad, and much of their rich resources are applicable to risk reduction, patient safety, and family-centered perinatal care.
One example is PSNet (Patient Safety Network), a website of continuously updated, annotated, and carefully selected collection of patient safety news, literature, tools, and resources. Their website contains excellent resources.
For more information on the Obstetric Safety Initiative, or to offer suggestions for this site, contact us.
- About the Initiative
- OB Patient Safety Primer
- Themes in Problem Obstetrical Cases
- The Current Climate and Your Clinical Microsystem
- Effecting Change in Your Clinical Microsystem
- Potential Partners and Resources
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- The American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Attorneys and Claims Managers
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- The Institute of Medicine (IOM)
- The Joint Commission
- The National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
- Improvement Strategies
- Education & Training
- Sample Documents
- Professional Resources
- Resources at DHMC
- Contact Us