Otolaryngology Surgical Physician Assistant Post-Graduate Residency
2020 spring applications are now being accepted. Apply now!
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Postgraduate Physician Assistant Otolaryngology Residency is an intensive 12-month advanced training program. Your training will be comprised of parallel didactic and clinical curriculums, which will provide you with a solid foundation in the diagnosis and management of conditions common to the ear, nose and throat, as well as the outpatient, inpatient and surgical management.
Residents will have exposure to head and neck surgery related to benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck region, general and pediatric Otolaryngology including the evaluation and management of common ear, nose and throat disorders in the adult and pediatric population, as well as Otology and Neuro-otology for the evaluation and management of hearing and balance disorders. Upon completion of the program, residents will be prepared to:
- Triage, evaluate, treat and manage ear, nose and throat problems, and be an independent first assistant in the operating room.
- Care for patients of all ages with medical and surgical disorders of the ears, the upper respiratory and upper alimentary systems and related structures, and the head and neck.
- Carry out diagnostic evaluations of patients with otolaryngology disorders.
- Carry out the surgical and nonsurgical management of otolaryngologic disorders, including rehabilitation and appropriate referrals.
The goal of the program is to help you grow and develop the surgical, medical, and critical thinking skills required to build a successful career as a Physician Assistant in Otolaryngology.
|Event||Date and time|
|Selection Notification||Final Selection for Fall 2020 will occur early-May, 2020|
|Start of Residency||Spring/Fall 2020 (exact date will be coordinated with selected candidates)|
Physician Assistants Residents will be paid a competitive stipend and are eligible for full and comprehensive benefits provided by Dartmouth-Hitchcock. The residency program provides educational materials including lab coats, textbooks, handouts and internet access while in a Dartmouth-Hitchcock facility.
Category 1 CME is available for free by participating and attending lectures, conferences, grand rounds, journal club.
- Current Opportunities
- Cardiothoracic Surgical Physician Assistant Post-Graduate Residency
- Critical Care Advanced Practice Provider Residency
- Neuroscience Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship
- Otolaryngology Surgical Physician Assistant Post-Graduate Residency
- Why Dartmouth-Hitchcock?