The PSTC provides the space and resources for clinical skills and task training, competency development, and scenario-based training using programmable manikins and standardized patient actors (SPs). The PSTC provides their own staff as educators, in addition to non-PSTC instructors for specialty topics.
Here is a sampling of the many multidisciplinary courses and programs that the PSTC currently supports:
- Nurse Residency Program (NRP)
- Communication and behavior training
- Emergency management and mass casualty training
- Objective Structured Clinical Evaluation (OSCE) training for Geisel School of Medicine students
- Occupational safety training for employees
- Just in Time trainings in response to patient safety initiatives
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), and the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Responding to Medical Emergencies (RME) TeamSTEPPS®
- Video shoots for marketing, education and testing
- In situ/mobile simulation at D-H locations
OR Scrub Training and Sterile Procedures
The PSTC developed and continues to coordinate the Operating Room OSHA Scrub Training program for medical students of all levels.
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth/Colby-Sawyer Nursing Program
The PSTC assists the faculty of local learning institutions such as the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, and Colby-Sawyer Nursing Program, with integrating simulation into their curriculum.