Clinical Practice Guidance and Tools
- PHQ-2: depression screen (PDF)
- PHQ-9: depression screen (PDF)
- GAD-7: anxiety screen (PDF)
- CAGE-AID: alcohol and drug screen (PDF)
- AUDIT: alcohol screen (PDF)
- CRAFFT: youth substance screen (PDF)
- ORT: opioid risk tool (PDF)
- SOAPP: screener and opioid assessment in pain patients (PDF)
Standards, guidelines and best practice
- IRETA: "You Have Options for Dealing with Alcohol Withdrawal" Institute for Research, Education and Training in Addictions details new alcohol withdrawal clinical guidelines.
- ASAM: Guideline on Alcohol Withdrawal Management American Society of Addiction Medicine guidelines on clinical decision making and management of patients experiencing alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
- Ending the Opioid Crisis: A Practical Guide for State Policymakers (PDF), a new publication from the National Center for Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Behavioral Health Integration into Adult Primary Care Model Guideline (PDF)
- Depression Management: Adult, Ambulatory Clinical Practice Guideline (PDF)
- Depression Management: Adult, Ambulatory Clinical Practice Guideline Brief (PDF)
- Depression Management: Adult, Ambulatory Clinical Practice Guideline Pocket Guide (PDF)
- Anxiety Management in Adults in Primary Care: Clinician Guide (PDF)
- Anxiety Management in Adults in Primary Care: Clincial Practice Guideline (PDF)
- Primary Care Based Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder (PDF)
- Unhealthy Alcohol and Drug Use: Adult, Primary Care Clinical Practice Guideline (PDF)
- Unhealthy Alcohol and Drug Use: Adult, Primary Care Clinical Practice Guideline Brief (PDF)
- Unhealthy Alcohol and Drug Use: Adult, Primary Care Clinical Practice Guideline Pocket Guide (PDF)
- Health and Human Services guide for Clinicians on the appropriate dosage deduction or discontinuation of long-term opioid analgesics. HHS Tapering Guidance (PDF)
- Guidance Document on Best Practices: Key Components for Delivering Community-based Medication Assisted Treatment Services for Opioid Use Disorders in New Hampshire (PDF)
Organizations providing clinical resources
- SAMSHA SBIRT
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment website with information and tools for screening and brief intervention and referral for substance treatment.
National Institutes on Drug Abuse clinician website with extensive drug information and screening and intervention information and tools.
- Providers' Clinical Support System for Medication Assisted Treatment
Information, education and practice support for buprenorphine, methadone and naltrexone treatment of opioid addiction, including access to mentors and live advice.
- New Hampshire Board of Medicine
Rules and resources relevant to prescribing of opioids, cannabis and other controlled substances.
- New Hampshire Medical Society Opioid Prescribing Resources
Prescribing information, resources and tools
- New Hampshire Medical Society Clinical Cannabis Resources
Cannabis information, resources and tools
- Providers' Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies
Information, education and practice support opioid prescribing for pain, including access to mentors and live advice
- SAMHSA, Medication and Counseling Treatment, Buprenorphine
- Alcohol Treatment Navigator, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism: Advice for patients, friends and loved ones for treatment options and how to find treatment.
- The National Council for Behavioral Health
State associations of addiction services
- New England Institute of Addiction Studies
- Center on Rural Addiction (CORA), University of Vermont
- COVID-19 and SUD Resources
- Upcoming and Recent News and Events
- Past News and Events
- About SUMHI
- SUMHI Projects
- Treatment, Recovery, and Harm Reduction Services
- Patient and Family Education, Support & Self-Care Resources
- Clinical Practice Guidance and Tools
- Professional Development and Education
- Advocacy and Policy Change
- Contact Us