Planning Team and Leadership
Substance Use and Mental Health Initiative (SUMHI) leadership
- Dr. William Torrey, MD, is Associate Service Line Leader for the Psychiatry Service Line at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. He is also Vice Chair for Clinical Services in the Department of Psychiatry and Professor of Psychiatry at The Dartmouth Institute and Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
- Sally Kraft MD, MPH, serves as Vice President of Community Health at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
See Dr. Torrey Champions D-H Substance Use & Mental Health Initiative for more details.
SUMHI planning team
Planning team members include:
- Inas Khayal, PhD – Assistant Professor at The Dartmouth Institute (TDI)
- Stephen Bartels, MD, MS – Collaboratory Director
- Ardis Olson, MD – Professor of Pediatrics and Community/Family Medicine
- Christine Spring – Director Psychiatry Administration
- Gregory Norman – Director of Community Health
- Julie Balaban, MD – Psychiatry Staff Physician
- Karen Clements – Chief Nursing Officer
- Peter Mason, MD – Medical Director Region 1 IDN
- Jessica Powell – Community Health Partnership Coordinator
- Ann Landry – Manager of Community Health Improvement
- Seddon Savage, MD, MS – Advisor, Substance Use and Mental Health Initiative
SUMHI project leaders
- Dr. Jonathan Thyng and Dr. Matthew Duncan co-lead practice transformation efforts to integrate mental health services within primary care.
- Dr. Steven Chapman leads work on adult and adolescent screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT).
- Dr. Julia Frew and Daisy Goodman, CNM co-lead a group focused on improving outcomes for families and children affected by perinatal substance use disorders through providing enhanced perinatal addiction treatment.
- Dr. Kevin Curtis and Janet Carroll co-lead a group bringing recovery services to patients receiving care in the Emergency Department.
- Dr. Seddon Savage leads a variety of strategies focused on changing the stigma and culture of shame and silence around substance use and mental health disorders.